Course Broadcasting Introduction
Students following Jamyang Lungtok Gyaltsen Rinpoche’s lineage practice together online since late spring of 2020. We also listen to the lineage teachings on Mahayana and Tantrayana texts that were given to the monastic Sangha at Yachen Gar Monastery.
The planned sequence of broadcasting is
- Padmasambhava’s Pointing the Staff at the Old Man’s Heart, 5 lessons (finished)
- Thirty-Seven Practices of the Bodhisattvas, 16 lessons (finished)
- Guru Yoga That Brings Swift Realizations, 18 lessons (announcement, finished）
- Atisha’s Profound Teaching to his Three Principal Students, 11 lessons(announcement, starting in Mar,2021)
- The Bodhisattva’s Garland of Jewels
- A Lamp to Dispel Darkness
- Seven Points of Mind Training
Asal Orgyen Gar will broadcast the lineage teachings on various Mahayana and Tantrayana texts on weekly basis. During the meetups, Lakshyong Gyamtso Lama will kindly help with a simultaneous translation into English for the non-Chinese speaking students.
We are using the Zoom platform for our virtual meetups. Each meetup will take place during Sunday evenings and will be of up to two hours’ duration. All students will first begin with a short meditation in the main room, if time permits. The students who need English translation will be further directed and assigned to a breakout room where they will be able to listen to the teaching